Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Cancer Treatment

I thought I would talk a little bit about cancer treatment, just for the benefit of anyone who hasn't had to go through it themselves. I have now begun my dreaded journey to treat a disease cancer, even though many people are adamant that it is incurable. I have already had a pneumonectomy, which means that I had an operation to remove the lung that was infected. The recovery has been difficult, but with the support of my family, I am getting through it.

The other treatments that I will need to go through include radiation and chemotherapy. I know that the side effects of these are said to be most unpleasant, but at this point, there really aren’t too many options. I'm not going to willingly give in to this disease, so I continue to hope for a miracle and try not to let bitterness bring me down. I still have a lot of good things to be thankful for in this life.

I find myself thinking of which day of work it was that I finally took in one too many breaths that pushed my body over the limit and inflicted this terrible disease upon me. I try to fight these feelings, but sometimes it can be hard, knowing that a bit more knowledge about asbestos so many years ago would have had such a drastic influence on my current life.

In the end, I will struggle on. No cancer is going to take me without a fight.

Best wishes,

Rhys.

No comments:

Post a Comment